Week 12 Post - Wrap it up

Security threats are everywhere. Recently, I have received more than one phone call from Korea. Of course, I didn’t answer.  I have also received an email from the “IRS” that informed me that my tax return might have been compromised and I should call the provided number. Again, I didn’t respond. I went to the IRS website and called an official phone number. The real IRS said everything looks fine. I also try to avoid clicking links within emails so I don’t accidentally give access to malicious software. The main thing to remember is that you need to be defensive.

I have enjoyed this class. For the most part, I didn’t learn of new hardware components or Windows security options that I was not aware of before this class. However, I did learn additional in-depth concepts of SSD technologies, WANs, internet protocols, windows features and utilities, and data paths within computer systems. I am sure I learned more, but I can’t recall anything else at the moment. Currently, I am not in a technology related career field, but the knowledge is beneficial for many daily activities. I don’t have a highly social personality so I have no desire to start a blog. Not to mention, I do not have the time to allocate to one. I already spend all but about 2 hours of my day in front of a computer for work and school. Although, I do believe that blogging was a useful experience. Developing ideas and sharing writing information is a helpful skillset for the information age. It’s probably a good skill to have on a resume.

Comments