Week 1 Post - Intro and current PC knowledge

Hello bloggers, my name is Howard. I am married, have two kids, and a dog. I am in the Air Force and live in Florida. Most of my time off work is spent at my kid's sporting events and on the coastal waters of south Florida. Currently, my knowledge of PCs is lacking compared to professional standards, but I am the family techy. When something doesn't work, I get voluntold to fix it.

My knowledge is enough to get me into trouble. I know how to install hardware components such as power supplies, graphics cards, fans, USB expansions, SSDs/HDDs, CD drives and basic router hookup and setup. My graphics card is not working (which is probably from trying to overclock it). Because of that, I am familiar with reinstalling Windows on my PC. I can do basic software manipulations such as putting all non-Windows files on a separate HDD. I would love to buy a NAS, but I have not committed to it yet. My PC maintenance and troubleshooting capabilities are in-line with my basic PC knowledge. I know how to perform limited BIOS troubleshooting, software updates and re-installs, and network maintenance. Of course, I am only able to do it with help from the bottomless pit that is the internet.

Howard




^^ Thanks to TK409.com and Imgflip.com for providing the graphics  ^^

Comments